Journal Reviews: A Roundup of 2021 Reviews
This month we are bringing our VP community a roundup of reviews that were published in 2021. We are pleased to announce that the titles reviewed in various academic journals, across a variety of fields in the Social Sciences and Humanities, were received positively. We look forward to seeing more VP titles reviewed in the future.
- Rob Stone (University of Birmingham) reviewed Urban Walking: The Flâneur as an Icon of Metropolitan Culture in Literature and Film in Modern Language Review Volume 116, Part 1 (January 2021).
- Åsne Håndlykken-Luz (University of South-Eastern Norway, Norway) reviewed No Laughing Matter: Race Joking and Resistance in Brazilian Social Media in Ethnic and Racial Studies 44, no. 16 (January 2021).
- Spencer Hawkins (University of Mainz, Germany) reviewed Philosophy’s treason: studies in philosophy and translation in Translation Studies (19 April 2021)
- E. J. Delaney, formerly, National Park Service, reviewed Feeling the heat: international perspectives on the prevention of wildfire ignition in CHOICE, July 2021 Vol. 58 No. 11.
- Jade McGlynn (University of Oxford) reviewed The Use of History in Putin's Russia in Revolutionary Russia 34:1 (05 May 2021)
- Margaret Carson (The City of New York University) reviewed Leonora Carrington: Living Legacies in Bulletin of Spanish Studies Volume XCVIII, Issue no. 6
- Roland C. Arnett (Duquesne University) reviewed Dialectic, Rhetoric and Contrast: The Infinite Middle of Meaning in Review of Metaphysics Journal (September 2021).
- Martin Thurner (München) reviewed The Confluence of Wisdom Along the Silk Road in Philosophischer Literaturanzeiger Vol. 74 (2021), no. 4
- Emmet O’Connor (Ulster University) reviewed Ireland's Hope: The ‘peculiar theories’ of James Fintan Lalor in History Ireland (March/April 2021)
- Alessandra Consolaro (University of Turin) reviewed Postmodern Traces and Recent Hindi Novels in Kervan –International Journal of Afro-Asiatic Studies VOL 25 (2)
- Leslie Ross (Dominican University of California) reviewed Duncan and Marjorie Phillips and America’s First Museum of Modern Art in Confluence, The Journal of the AGLSP Vol. XXVIII, No. 1
Page last updated on October 26th 2023. All information correct at the time, but subject to change.