Resources for reviewers
Before publication, all our books are peer reviewed by suitably qualified experts. Peer review ensures we select only manuscripts of a high academic standard and allows authors to receive expert feedback so that they may revise and improve their manuscript ahead of publication. See below information for peer reviewers.
Following publication, our books may be reviewed in academic journals, blogs, newspapers and of course several online review platforms. Published reviews are especially helpful to readers. They can provide extended descriptions of a book’s contents, its relevance to various audiences and an appreciation of its strengths and limitations. See below information for other reviewers.
To help us select and improve manuscripts before publication we maintain a community of trusted reviewers. As a reviewer, you will play a significant part in ensuring that our publications are of the highest academic quality and at the forefront of research.
There are many benefits to becoming a reviewer for Vernon Press. For example:
- Help fellow scholars develop their work into high-quality and high-impact contributions, whilst establishing your own expertise in the field.
- Be able to read and stay up to date with the latest research in the field.
- Reciprocate professional courtesy at the same time as advancing your career.
- Gain firsthand experience of the publishing process and establish a support network with other researchers within the field.
- Propose new publication areas and become eligible for additional benefits.
- Receive a small honorarium ($50) for your first review and then a discount off any of our current or future titles per subsequent completed review.
- Receive advance notice of exciting publication opportunities and occasional prize draws.
To join you must be an expert in one or more of the areas we publish and be prepared to review at least one manuscript every two years.
If you are interested in becoming a reviewer, please contact us at: email@example.com . Your message should include your full name, academic affiliation, area(s) of expertise, and either a short biographical statement (approx. 200 words) and/ or a list of publications.
We are glad to support public reviews of our books on academic journals. If you are a book reviews editor for an academic journal, or a researcher who would like to review one of our books please get in touch with Javier Rodriguez: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated on September 11th 2018. All information correct at the time, but subject to change.